Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Installation problem.

From: "A Kumar, Vijay \(Vijay\)" <vakumar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 16:42:51 +0530
Hi All,

I am trying to install wireshark-0.99.5 on Solaris 9.

I installed following packages. Downloaded from sunfreeware.com
libpcap-0.9.5-sol9-sparc-local
zlib-1.2.3-sol9-sparc-local
glib-2.13.0-sol9-sparc-local
gtk-2.2.4-sol9-sparc-local
pcre-7.1-sol9-sparc-local
libgcc-3.4.6-sol9-sparc-local
sed-4.1.5-sol9-sparc-local

When I tried to ./configure got following error messages

checking for gtk-config... no
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
checking for glib-config... no
checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
*** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
*** If GLIB was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GLIB_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to glib-config.
configure: error: GLib distribution not found.

So I am using following packages to configure
system      SUNWGtkr                         GTK - The GIMP Toolkit
(Root)
system      SUNWGtku                         GTK - The GIMP Toolkit
(Usr)
system      SUNWGlib                         GLIB - Library of useful
routines for C programming

After this configure completed successfully with following option.
The Wireshark package has been configured with the following options.
                    Build wireshark : yes
                       Build tshark : yes
                     Build capinfos : yes
                      Build editcap : yes
                      Build dumpcap : yes
                     Build mergecap : yes
                    Build text2pcap : yes
                      Build idl2wrs : yes
                      Build randpkt : yes
                       Build dftest : yes

                     Install setuid : no
                        Use plugins : yes
                   Build lua plugin : no
                   Build rtp_player : no
                Use GTK+ v2 library : no
                   Use pcap library : yes
                   Use zlib library : yes
                   Use pcre library : yes
               Use kerberos library : no
               Use GNU ADNS library : no
             Use GNU crypto library : no
             Use SSL crypto library : no
           Use IPv6 name resolution : no
               Use Net-SNMP library : no
                 Use gnutls library : no

But make is now creating problem. After executing make I am getting
following error messages.
Root # /usr/ccs/bin/make
/usr/bin/perl ./make-version.pl .
Version configuration file version.conf not found.  Using defaults.
This is not a SVN build.
svnversion.h is up-to-date.
/usr/ccs/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in tools
Making all in lemon
gcc -D_U_=""   -o lemon
gcc: No input files
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `lemon'
Current working directory /var/tmp/pkgs/wireshark-0.99.5/tools/lemon
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /var/tmp/pkgs/wireshark-0.99.5/tools
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /var/tmp/pkgs/wireshark-0.99.5
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Can anyone tell what is the problem.

Thanks & regards,
Vijay