Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Capturing packets between 2 physical interfaces in same machin

From: "Nagaraj Turaiyur" <nagarajt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 17:22:58 +0530
Hi-

I just installed Wireshark version 0.99.5 on Windows XP.

My laptop has 2 interfaces - ethernet & wireless LAN. I want to capture packets sent between the 2 interfaces. I tried capture on either interface with default settings (promiscuous on), but I see only packets received from other hosts.

I could understand that packets sent between loopback addresses cannot be captured. But, I was hoping that capture between multiple physical interfaces would work. Any idea why this does not work?

Regards,
Nagaraj