Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] NBAP over SCTP

From: Martin Andersson <hello.martin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 22:44:51 +0200
Michael Tuexen wrote:
Hi Martin,

The trace shows that you use payload protocol identifier 17
for NBAP, which is already taken.
From http://www.iana.org/assignments/sctp-parameters
This list now explain to me the suggestion I get when selecting the "Decode As" option in Wireshark.

Is there a specification for NBAP over SCTP?
I have search but not found any specific document that gives a PPID or Port number,
associated with NBAP over SCTP (so I guess it's vendor specific).
The best way is to register with IANA a payload protocol identifier and possibly also
an SCTP port number.
I assume that would be for 3gpp to accomplish such a task.

rg/Martin
Best regards
Michael