Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] how to extract only time stamp from captured file

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 09:25:57 +0200
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 02:37:08AM -0400, Korn Vajanapoom wrote:

> How could I extract the time stamp information from a captured file (which
> is big .... more than ten thousand entries) ?
> I want to use these numbers for a latency calculation.

If you use a recent automated build available on
http://www.wireshark.org/download/automated/ then
you can use tshark to do what you want. Have a look
at the "fields" option to -T. The following might be
what you are looking for:

tshark -T fields -e frame.time_relative -r <file>

Which produces something like:

0.000000000
0.036742000
0.056315000