Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Problems INSTALLING 0.99.6

From: mattia tomasoni <mattiatomasoni@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 16:08:04 +0200 (CEST)
Hi everybody;
have been trying to configure and install the 0.99.6 (beta) version; here is what I get:
# ./configure --disable-gtk2
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

here ia a  config.log extract:
gcc version 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)
configure:3067: $? = 0
configure:3074: gcc -V >&5
gcc: '-V' option must have argument
configure:3077: $? = 1
configure:3100: checking for C compiler default output file name
configure:3127: gcc    conftest.c  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure:3130: $? = 1
configure: failed program was:
| /* confdefs.h.  */
| #define PACKAGE_NAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_TARNAME ""
| #define PACKAGE_VERSION ""
| #define PACKAGE_STRING ""
| #define PACKAGE_BUGREPORT ""
| #define PACKAGE "wireshark"
| #define VERSION "0.99.6-SVN-21855"
| /* end confdefs.h.  */
|
| int
| main ()
| {
|
|   ;
|   return 0;
| }
configure:3169: error: C compiler cannot create executables

thanks everybody!
hope someone can help me!