Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark Supported Protocols

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 09:51:20 +0200
On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 12:16:46PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> Can I have a list of supported protocols on Wireshark and does Wireshark
> supports smb protocol.

I did a quick check on www.wireshark.org and wiki.wireshark.org. I did
not find a page with the supported protocols.

Could someone add a page with the supported protocols and maintain it?

Kaushal, I attached a text-file with the supported protocols. SMB is indeed
supported:

SMB                                   SMB (Server Message Block Protocol)                                                                         smb
SMB Mailslot                          SMB MailSlot Protocol                                                                                       mailslot
SMB Pipe                              SMB Pipe Protocol                                                                                           pipe
SMB2                                  SMB2 (Server Message Block Protocol version 2)                                                              smb2
SMB_NETLOGON                          Microsoft Windows Logon Protocol (Old)                                                                      smb_netlogon

Hope this helps,  Cheers,

Sake