Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] measuring a latency across the network

From: "Korn Vajanapoom" <k_vajanapoom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 03:26:12 -0400
I run two instances of wiresharks at two end nodes to measure a packet latency across the network. So, I have two log files, one with time stamps at the transmitting end, and the other one with time stamps at the receiving end. The latency for each packet is simply a time difference between two ends.

1) Is there any tool to calculate this latency for me?

2) In case of packet loss (therefore the number of entries in both log files are not equal), is there any tool that can automatically match the log file entries - two entries that are associated with the same packet (e.g., maybe matching by the packet content) and then calculate the latency.

Please let me know.
thank you.