Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump command

From: "David Meagher" <dmeagher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 14:26:55 +0100
you are using src and dst filters.
this is why you are only seeing traffic going in one way
try just using the host that you are interested in
so
tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1500 -w dump2 host www.example.com

On 18/05/07, Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I have to capture network traffic between an appliance and content server using tcpdump command and then dump to a file and read and decode it using wireshark

How do i proceed

I have used tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1500 -w dump src host 192.168.0.1 and dst host www.example.com

when i read the dump capture file using wireshark i could only see packets being sent from src host to destination host, I could not see any packets being sent from destination host to src host.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal