Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] tcpdump command

From: "Kaushal Shriyan" <kaushalshriyan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 18:52:12 +0530
Hi

I have to capture network traffic between an appliance and content server using tcpdump command and then dump to a file and read and decode it using wireshark

How do i proceed

I have used tcpdump -i eth0 -s 1500 -w dump src host 192.168.0.1 and dst host www.example.com

when i read the dump capture file using wireshark i could only see packets being sent from src host to destination host, I could not see any packets being sent from destination host to src host.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal