Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] white text can't view selections

Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 16:36:16 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

I've just downloaded and installed wirshark 0.99.5 onto my windows XP
machine that already had ethereal 0.99.0. i can launch wireshark, but the
text that should be vlack is white. This makes it impossible to read items
such as interface selection, because the background and forground text are
both white.

When I start wireshare, the version disclaimer is also white text.
I've installed this same distribution onto another XP and Windows 2000
hosts and there is no issue.

Anyone see this before?

I've tried to uninstall ethereal and wireshare and winpcap but no luck. I
even verified in the windows appearance area that the text is not set to
white.

Please advise
Jeff