Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] EXPORT->OBJECT in wireshark 0.99.4

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:47:43 -0700
On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 09:22:18PM +0200, mattia tomasoni wrote:

> I am using version 0.99.4, which is the latest automatically available
> for Ubuntu via the add/remove tool. I cannot find the EXPORT->OBJECT;
> (I read from the tutorial that) in the 0.99.5 version it can be found
> in the File menu... but does anybody have any clue where it was in the
> previous version? (It must be somewhere!) (I would prefer not to
> venture into installing 0.99.5 since it's not yet supported by
> Ubuntu...)

The export object feature is new to version 0.99.6 actually, which has
not been released yet.  It shows up in the 0.99.5 documentation online
because that is the most up to date documentation and it will be used
when 0.99.6 is released.  The only way to get it today is by downloading
the source code for the latest developer version of 0.99.6 from:
http://download.wireshark.org/download/automated/src/ (pick the file
with the highest number in it) and compiling/installing it on your
machine manually.

Steve