Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Sniffing Cisco VPN packets

From: "George A. Kantsios" <gkantsios@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 14:46:02 -0700 (PDT)
Need a little help and appreciate any guidance and direction you can offer.  I am trying to sniff packets before and after a cisco VPN adapter on a Windows XP box. When I sniff the VPN adapter I see the unencrypted packets.  When I sniff the physical network device, I get almost no traffic, even when I send a huge file over the network?  Why can't I see the encrypted packets?

Regards G.