Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Out of Memory Lose all data

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 23:19:16 +0200
d a wrote:
Twice now I ran wireshark (in non promiscuous mode) for approx 1 1/2 hours. When I tick "stop" the data compiles until about 15% and then I get an error window that reads "Out of Memory" Wireshark must close " (or something like that). I lose the entire capture.

Im running WinXP SP2 with 1 gig ofRAM. Is the problem due to low RAM or is it something else? How can I avoid this in the future? How does wireshark make use of memory while its running?

See: http://wiki.wireshark.org/KnownBugs/OutOfMemory

Regards, ULFL