Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] VNC playback

From: "Eugene Sukhodolin" <wireshark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 19:43:28 +0700
Having a record of the desktop that generated the client side
traffic would be a great help in both understanding the problem
and getting the eveloper pointed in the right direction.

I think there are some tools for recording local desktops but usually they slow down the system significantly because of inefficient screen grabbing methods they use. But for some specific cases there are very efficient tools exist on the market. One tool i'm aware of is RecordTS (www.tsfactory.com) that records traffic of Terminal Server remote users. Definitely, it can help a lot with tracing user problems.

--
Eugene