Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark and 2GB capture files

Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 10:02:05 -0500
Hi Alex,

I never used CentOS, however independently of the OS it is recommended not to grow up to much the files to keep them manageable. Otherwise it takes too much to process them.
Using multiple files when doing the capture and limiting them to lets say 100MB (or less) you can handle that more easily.
In case you need to see all together wireshark can reassemble the files automatically opening subsequent files together.

Br
Juan