Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Strangest thing ever !!! Captures only TCP SYN handshake n

From: "Free Prefix" <free.prefix@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 14:15:06 +0200
"Large send offload" is disabled.
I have tried to play with several options on this network card but
always got the same results :(

On 5/3/07, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

Maybe, but I would guess that WinPcap can handle (Gigabit Ethernet) jumbo frames.

Maybe some kind of offloading work to the network card.

I think I've read about an NDIS (>= V6?) proposal to (optionally) offload the complete TCP/IP work to the network card "hardware". So the Winsock stack won't do a lot more than transferring socket data to the network card. I guess that WinPcap can't handle this, but I've never seen this "in the wild" so I don't know.

What does the Task Offload tab in the interface details display (menu: Capture/Interfaces/Details)?

Maybe there's an option in the network card driver to switch off offloading, you may try to play with the options ...

Regards, ULFL