Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTCP stream analyzed

From: Lars Ruoff <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 16:00:45 +0200

No, i don't have any excuse! ;-)

The idea behind this was that the maximum delay as shown is used to hunt down network problems in VoIP flows.
But in those VoIP flows, the Marker bit usually marks the end of a silence period.
I considered having a delay between the last packet of voice before the silence and the first packet after the silence (Marker=TRUE) is normal behavior and thus should not count for the maximum delay.
But this idea is totally biased with my personal experience and may have to be rethought.
(Especially since Video streams use the marker bit differently in general)

Lars

raja satria utama wrote:
why? is you have excuse for that?
regards
-radja

*/Lars Ruoff <lars.ruoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>/* wrote:

    Yes, the delay is not taken into account for the maximum if the
    packet has the Marker bit set.

    br,
    Lars Ruoff