Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] RTCP stream analyzed

From: raja satria utama <radja_ichadz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 03:07:13 -0700 (PDT)
in windows "Wireshark:RTP Sream Analysis" shows Delta for each packet, you can see figure on my attached file...
on windows was written "max delta is 2.698175 second at packet no.849"
but if we look at the end of column in RTP stream analysis the maxest delta is 4929.78 at packet 1307
i wanna ask why in determining of max delta is different..??? it's caused by the marker value ?

Gerry Brown <gbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>what does mean column of 'Marker" in windows "Wireshark:RTP Stream
>Analysis"??

From RFC 3550
marker (M): 1 bit
The interpretation of the marker is defined by a profile. It is
intended to allow significant events such as frame boundaries to
be marked in the packet stream. A profile MAY define additional
marker bits or specify that there is no marker bit by changing the
number of bits in the payload type field (see Section 5.3).