Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Configure libpcap

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 02:12:32 -0700
Goran �trok wrote:

I'm trying to compile libpcap-0.9.5. When I run "./configure" from cygwin (gcc compiler),

I'm not sure that's supported.

For one thing, libpcap, on Windows, requires a device driver to provide the raw network access. The combination of that driver and libpcap-ported-to-Windows is WinPcap:

	http://www.winpcap.org/

Installing WinPcap - and, if you're trying to compile Wireshark, the WinPcap development package - might be easier.