Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Decoding ISUP messages over M3UA

From: "Alminana, Emilio \(SNL US\)" <emilio.alminana@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 13:46:04 -0700
Dear fellow wireShark users,

I am using wireShark to decode ISUP (ISDN User Part) messages (ANSI version) and there are a number of parameters (e.g. in the IAM - Initial Address Message) that wireShark does not recognize. Does anyone know whether there are any plans to enhance the existing dissector to support the ANSI ISUP protocol ?

Should this e-mail be sent to a different mailing list within wireShark ?

I am attaching to this e-mail an example of an ISUP interLATA call where a number of parameters are not recognized (there are shown as "Parameter Type unknown/reserved"). Some of the parameters not being recognized are : JIP (Jurisdiction parameter), TNS (Transit Network Selction), CID (Carrier Identification), CSP (Carrier Selection Parameter), etc. All of these parameters are defined for the North American version of ISUP (ANSI ISUP).

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Emilio Alminana