Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] ESP not decrypting...

From: Derick Winkworth <ccie15672@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2007 11:07:45 -0700 (PDT)
Oh yeah, I'm using v0.99.5

And here is the config on the router:

##############
crypto isakmp policy 1
 authentication pre-share
crypto isakmp key 1234567890ABCDEF address 192.168.0.201
!
!
crypto ipsec transform-set 3DES esp-3des
!
crypto map lab 10 ipsec-isakmp
 set peer 192.168.0.201
 set transform-set 3DES
 match address encrypted-traffic
#############

So the key in Wireshark is set to 1234567890ABCDEF and the encryption algorithm is 3DES-CBC.

Any thoughts on why Wireshark is not decrypting?

Derick Winkworth <ccie15672@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello all.

I'm using Win XP w/wireshark.

I have the "Attempt to detect/decode encrypted payloads" box checked
I have SA#1 set to "IPv4|*|*|*"

The encryption algorithm is 3DES and the key matches what is in the routers.

I am generating traffic for capture using two Cisco routers with crypto maps configured.

Wireshark is not decrypting the packets... am I missing something here?

Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. _______________________________________________
Wireshark-users mailing list
Wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx