Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Tshark filter problems

From: Michael Bann <mbann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 16:19:54 -0500
Hey folks,

I'm having a problem running tshark with a simple filter. Here's what happens.

I run "tshark -f `cat /path/to/my_filter`" and I get the following error:
"tshark: Capture filters were specified both with "-f" and with additional command-line arguments"

Now, before updating I was able to run the same command with success using an older version of tethereal. Also, if I copy and paste my filter into the -f parameter it works fine. I'm not sure where's it's getting the idea that there are additional command-line arguments or what to do about this problem. Like I said, worked before updating, filter works fine if I paste it directly in. However, these rules will be changing a lot so copying them in every time is out of the question.

Thanks,

Mike