Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] wireshark questions

Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 19:07:42 -0400
Ive just installed wireshark on my windows XP machine,and Im trying to
capture a packet
thats on a Linux box.But,at the same time,I have a copy of packet in a
pdf document on my
XP machine.Here's my questions:

1)Is there a way to capture the packet from my XP machine to the linux
box?
-> If you mean, "Can I capture a packet on my Linux box, then use
Wireshark on my Windows XP system to analyze that packet", the answer is
"Yes".  Use tcpdump to do the capture on Linux, then copy the file to
your Windows system and open it there with Wireshark.  Wireshark can
read a number of file formats, including tcpdump.
T44