Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] why ISUP are not parsed by WS?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:07:02 +0800

Alexander Bubnov wrote:
Hello, all!

I download a sample cap file with ISUP/MTP3/M3UA/SCTP/IP protocals
from http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures#head-97e33c24b1164f61e8669d78312d9db300f6b894
page

The link is
http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=isup.cap

If I open it with help of wireshark tool that I can see only
IP/SCTP/MTP3 protocols ISUP cannot shown.
The last line of MTP 3  Adaptation Layer looks:
Unknow parameter (tag 2 and 69 bytes value)

Probably, the message inside of MTP3 is not parsed.

In fact that capture file contains M3UA draft 6 data (which is vastly different in format than M3UA at the RFC level).

To see the ISUP messages, change the M3UA version preference (Edit->Preferences->Protocols->M3UA) to be "Draft 6" instead of RFC.

I'll update the Wiki to state that...