Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wild Card

From: "Christopher Clayden" <christopher.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 20:33:07 -0400

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the wild card is in wireshark when used in IP addresses, if there is such?

For example, say you want to create a filter for all DC's in your organization and there addresses are as follows:

192.168.1.40

192.168.2.40

192.168.3.40

192.168.4.40

192.168.5.40

I want to create a specific filter for the last octet, and in this example, it's 40.

Thank you for all your help in advance and I will be looking forward to your response.

Cheers,

Chris.