Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Help with RTP analysis needed, I am confused!

From: Adam Harding <adam.harding2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 16:55:49 +0000
Hi,

Please could someone help me as I am quite confused!

What does "Delta" mean in the RTP analysis?

In the RTP graph analysis, what does the red line indicating "Difference" mean?

I thought the "difference" on the graph was giving the Delta results in graph format but the results on the graph are different and lower than the Delta values.

I am doing my final year project on VOIP and looking into how different network conditions effect the call quality.

What measurement in wireshark should I be looking at to show the effect that causes bad voice quality due to the variation in packet arrivals at the recieving end?

Any help would be great as I am very confused!

Thanks.

Adam.