Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Install / Uninstall

From: "Leonard, Thomas J" <thomas.j.leonard@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 14:31:38 -0400
The error that caused this problem looked like this...

./wireshark
16:38:42 Err  Duplicate protocol name "U_tcasw_mp_common Dissector Using
GIOP API"! This might be caused by an inappropriate plugin or a
development error.
Aborted (core dumped)

This was after attempting to compile with this new GIOP plugin.  All
subsequent installs without ANY plugins have caused the program to hang.

Is "checkinstall" bundled with Wireshark and if you, how do you use it?

Thanks again

Tom