Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Encrypted alert in SSL session

From: "Keith Custers" <keith.custers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:17:16 +0100
Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED
Hi all

It seems that session is established and that for some reason SSL server gives back a encrypted alert. The certificate is a selfsigned certificate and the ecpiration date is ok. Anybody saw this error in SSL traffic? Has it something to do with the fact that it is a self signed certificate and the CA certificate used to sign the certificate is not trusted by client browser?

Please any feedback would be welcome
Regards
Keith

Classification: NATO UNCLASSIFIED
Hi all,

Can anybody help me what the following error means in dump of SSL session?

(normal ssl session setup…..)
Ssl client      SSL Server      TLS     Change Cipher Spec, encrypted handshake message
SSl server      SSL Client      TLS     encrypted alert
SSLClient       SSL server      TCP     Ack
SSLClient       SSL server      TCP     RST,Ack

Thx in advance!

Kind Regards,

Keith Custers