Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] communication between wireshark and my process

From: "Janssens, Kitty" <Kitty.Janssens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 10:13:02 +0100
Hello,

I'm starting wireshark from within my C++ program (using fork and execl) and tell it to read from a named pipe (-i option).

Now, in some cases wireshark will not start e.g. because an incorrect command line parameter is used. In this case, I would like wireshark to tell me that it could not start correctly.
If I create a (named) pipe where my process reads from and wireshark writes in, will I get some kind of signal, indication from wireshark that it wasn't started ?

Kitty