Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Filtering Network address

From: "Muhammad Ghazali" <muhammad.ghazali@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 11:24:45 +0700
On 2/20/07, Muhammad Ghazali <muhammad.ghazali@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In fact, I'd like to measure the response time of 3 different things.
> - The web applcation,
> - web based email where a web application cause email to be sent,
> - and smtp session where I will send (and receive) email from email
> client (outlook express or other MUA).

So for all of them, I will surely capture only packets coming from and
going to the web server.

What do you suggest to filter for the second case where i will measure
the response time of sending email form the web mail?
Is it to filter packet coming from and goin to the web server?
Or just filter the address of my host?
Or both (filter the address of the web server and my wireshark host)?

I meant of course the host where I trigger the web based email application....

So, if I trigger the web based email from the wireshark host, then "my
host" means the wireshark host. But if web based email is triggered
from host 1.1.1.2, then "my host" here means the host 1.1.1.2

Sorry for bothering you with my self-replied posts.

And how to do the measurement?
Is it "Follow TCP Stream" will do the job?

Any explanation or experience or other kind of share would be greatly
appreciated.