Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Filtering Network address

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:31:55 -0800
On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 08:20:43AM +0700, Muhammad Ghazali wrote:

> How can filter to capture only packet coming and going to 1.1.1.1?

Using the display filter near the top of the Wireshark window, type in:

  ip.addr == 1.1.1.1

> I want to measure the response time of a web application and the smtp
> server from a branch office, what is the best way to do it?

There are built-in functions for measuring response time for some
protocols (Statistics->Response Time), but unfortunately none for SMTP
or HTTP.  I can't think of another way off hand other than manually
looking at the packet list.

Steve