Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Time in .pcap file

From: Goran Štrok <goran.strok@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 13:37:51 +0100
Thanks. Yes, I know this header format, but stil do not understand this. Like in example aaa.pcap which is available here: http://wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures#head-6f6128a524888c86ee322aa7cbf0d7b7a8fdf353 . If I open it in hex edit and look for time i see this:
... 24 02 C9 42 90 CE 0C 00... for first packet. That does not show the time from 1 of January 1970. The second part (90 CE 0C 00) does not show miliseconds. Try and see that this is not time. Dont know why. Help if anyone know.
Thanks and regards