Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Strange packet nbns

From: "Jon Knight" <JKnight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 11:15:54 +1100

Thanks for your ideas.  I searched the registry and deleted references to it and it still occurs.  I turned off WINS on the server and it still tries to hit the bps-ntserver1.

I turned off netbios over TCP/IP in the control panel and then it stopped.  I don’t know where else to look in windows if it’s not in the registry where could it be?

I tried the tcpview program but the netbios requests only happen at login.  Once you are in it does not occur therefore once I open the tcpview app it is useless. Perhaps I need something to log netbios traffic at the login? Any ideas?

Thanks

Jon