Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Listening on Port mirrored interface

From: "Luis Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:54:47 +0100
I used to capture promiscous on sun boxen without any problem.

So it might be an issue with permissions of the /dev/ node for the
interface which I remember I had to change myself.
.
Can you capture as root?
If so which are the permissions on /dev/ifname?
What happens if you change permissions on /dev/ifname so that it is
writable by the user, can you capture promiscuous then?

Luis