Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can't open PCAP file via GUI

From: "Donald Musser" <dmjmusser@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 00:00:05 +0000
Hi all,

I've done a yum install of wireshark and the wireshark-gnome programs. When I run wireshark from command line, the gui pops up, but when I try to open a PCAP file that I previously captured on a separate box using my tcpdump command, the program errors out and tells me the file is in a format that wireshark does not understand. I thought that wireshark was in fact able to read files with PCAP extensions. Is there something I'm missing?

~Myles