Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] saving "decode as" settings

From: Andy Howell <AndyHowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:05:25 -0600
Douglas Pratley wrote:
Hi Andy

I'm afraid that there is not (even in more recent versions).

I suggest that you check the Wishlist (wiki.wireshark.org/Wishlist) and
the bug list (bugs.wireshark.org/bugzilla) to see if it is present as an
enhancement request.

Then mail the developers list and see if anyone is working on it or has
strong objections to you adding it as an enhancement request.

As a workaround for your current problem, you could write a Lua script
that sets things up the way that you want. Check out the Lua pages on
the Wiki (search for "Lua"). That script could get read each time you
ran Wireshark.
Doug,

Thanks. Took a look at the wishlist. Closest thing was saving preference. I had a quick look through the Lua bindings, but did see a way to set a dissector for a particular port.

The Analyze menu has a "User specified Decodes..." which shows all my settings. It just lacks a way to save them.

Thanks,

	Andy