Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:
From: Guy Harris <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:16:27 -0800
On Feb 13, 2007, at 1:06 PM, Robert D. wrote:

ok .. regarding andreas' version ... I see it in
usr/local/bin .. it runs with X11 .. detects en0 & en1 & wit1 & Io0

en1 shows packets when I view it from 'capture interfaces'
Does the "Capture Interfaces" window also show wlt1?

If so, do *NOT* use "Capture Interfaces", as it's opening the "monitor mode" device for your AirPort Extreme interface, which causes it to disassociate from the wireless network you're associated with. Use Capture->Options instead.
the IP is actually a mac address, it seems ..
No, it's probably an IPv6 address.  If it looks like fe80:5: etc.,
that's an IPv6 address.