Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Tracing packets _after_ they're received?

From: Dev Null <dev_nll@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 10:51:26 -0800 (PST)
I suspect this is a stupid question, but is there any way to trace what happens to the packets _after_ they arrive on my local machine?  A different tool perhaps?

I'm trying to debug a VPN connection on a Windows XP machine.  I can see packets arriving from the server (on my machine, in wireshark 0.99.5 non-promiscuous), but my machine simply doesn't respond to them; the protocol says it should always respond - either ackowledge or reject them.  I thought maybe a software firewall problem, but I've got them all turned off and still no dice.  I'd love to be able to see what my machine was doing with those packets somehow...

Or I'd welcome any other suggestions for why I can see the GRE-encapsulated PPP packets in wireshark, but my machine apparently can't.  Thanks,

     - rob.

It's here! Your new message!