Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Network Interface not getting detected

From: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:12:36 -0800
Can you please try WinPcap 4.0?

Have a nice day
Gianluca Varenni
WinPcap Team

----- Original Message ----- From: "Midhun Chandran" <midhun_chandran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <wireshark-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 4:14 AM
Subject: [Wireshark-users] Network Interface not getting detected

Hi,

I have installed Wireshark-0.99.4 (WinPcap-3.1) on Windows 2003 server
installed as a virtual machine over VMWare.

When I start Wireshark, the capture window does not list any interfaces
in the interface dropdown. I also installed WinDump and
ran the command 'WinDump -D' and this also did not return any interfaces.

When I check the network properties for the LAN it shows the adapter as
'SWSoft Virtual Network Adaptor'.

Has anybody seen similar problems ? Are there any known issues while
running wireshark on VMs ?

Thanks in advance,
Midhun

P.S I have also tried Wireshark 0.99.5 with the same behavior.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.