Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Connection dropping on en0 on OS X.

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:06:00 -0800

On Feb 6, 2007, at 12:58 PM, Alan Prather wrote:

Basically:
On OS X Tiger, when I run wireshark as soon as I start capturing
packets it knocks out my connection.

As mentioned in the article, I can re-connect my wireless connection
and get the capture going again.

Your wireless connection is on en0?

Or your *wired* Ethernet connection on en0 drops?

(Note that, in OS X, not all adapters with names beginning with "en" are necessarily Ethernet adapters - 802.11 adapters, in particular, also have names beginning with "en".)