Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Modification request: csv export

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:43:23 +0100
Hi List!

There seems to be some confusion about the csv format in general, and I guess about our export implementation as well.

Therefore I've added a Wiki page (http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/CSVExport) where information can be collected - please don't add information that you *think* is valid, only that you are know for sure/have tested.

First of all we should make sure that we are all talking about the same.

1. We have several places to export csv's now, and my feeling is that there are more than one implementation of the CSV export. Identify all places and make sure the implementation shares the same code.

2. Identify the applications to import "our format" (Excel, but there may be others as well), and find out the required format for these applications

Regards, ULFL