Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Modification request: csv export

From: "Luis Ontanon" <luis.ontanon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 00:19:23 +0100
Ack

On 2/6/07, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 01:47:49PM +0100, Jaap Keuter wrote:
> I'm sorry but your barking up the wrong tree here. If this is true then go
> ask Bill to have access read COMMA SEPERATED VALUE aka .csv files
> regardless of locale.

I don't think so: If we print the character that is used to separate
the fields inside a field, then we'll either need to allow users to
change the separator or we'll need to surround the whole value by "",
because no importing app will be able to reliably tell whether the
character was meant as a decimal separator or as a field separator.
So (in some locales) we generate an unparsable output - that's our
fault, not Bill's.

 ciao
      Joerg