Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] U3 Package

From: Jack Jackson <jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 11:13:45 -0800
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U3. It doesn't answer all of the questions, but has a lot more information than the U3 site.

At 01:44 AM 2/6/2007, Andreas Fink wrote:
What is all this hype about U3? Its a USB stick after all and it holds a binary which should be able to be doubleclicked from it. So what's all THAT hot of having a menubar gui to launch it from there?

I could never ever use U3 so far (I use a Mac in 99% of the cases) and usually have a hard time deleting the U3 installation to recover the memory space I'm supposed to have (as there is no U3 tools for the Mac, there is no uninstaller for it neither and formatting the stick doesnt get rid of the virtual CD which shows up to annoy you....)

What am I missing here?