Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] V0.99.5 & Coloring Rules

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Feb 2007 23:28:35 +0100
Keith French wrote:
After renaming the color filters file, Wireshark then used the default colors. If I disabled colors from the view menu, delete the default ones in the color filters, then reimport mine & re-enable colors, it is still the same.
Yes, you did something completely useless, so there's no change :-)

Well, did you read the first point I've noted *literally*?!? Did you renamed the colorfilters file in C:\Program Files (as these *are* the default colors) - and restart?

Don't do anything with the view menu and import/export, that won't help.
As far as I know there are no special (international) characters in my personal profile folder.
Your profile path doesn't look "bad", so that's not the problem.

I have attached a zip containing the color filters, preferences dfilters cfilters and the screenshot you requested. Plus a file called "My original color filter file" which is the one that works fine with 0.99.4.
Could you open a bug report on bugzilla for this (and add the zip file), so it won't get lost?

Regards, ULFL

Thanks for your help,

Keith.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ulf Lamping" <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>