Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark 0.99.5pre2 Win32 install problem

From: elmer <elmer.elmer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:25:10 +0100
Hi,
I have just downloaded and installed this pre-release over my previous 0.99.3 install (with administrator rights). Installer prompts to associate various file types to WireShark: accept it ... But I notice that (at least) one the listed file type is not correctly registered after install: ".cap"

List of correctly registered file type (registry dig after install)
.5vw .acp .apc .atc .erf .pcap .pkt .snoop .syc .tpc .tr1 .trace .wpc .wpz

At least .cap file type is not correctly registered.
I don't know if there are other missing file type.
As I have installed this new release over a previous one, may be some associations are coming from an older Wireshark install.

Is someone having the same problem ?

Elmer.