Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Fwd: IO Graphs doubling bytes?

From: "Persio Pucci" <persio@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 10:30:07 -0200
I don't know if the list takes attachments, if so, here it go two screen captures I just did with the file with this problem.

Nuts.

On 2/1/07, Persio Pucci <persio@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
That's the most weired thing ever... :) when I ask for an IO graph, it starts tracing it, and it traces correctly all the way to the end (with a peak of 25000 bytes, let's say) and than, it processes the graph for a few more seconds and then it just doubles the graph (peak goes to 50000 bytes).

I was splitting the pcap to send Stephen (it has 15Mb) and on the new file (7Mb) it is not happening. WTF?

Stephen, if you still want the full file please let me know.

Persio

On 2/1/07, Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx > wrote:
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 04:09:26PM -0200, Persio Pucci wrote:

> I am trying to calculate traffic peaks on some of my captures. In one
> of them (that one that I converted from Acterna, as a matter of fact),
> where on the IO graph it gives me aprox 3750 bytes visually, once I
> export to CSV using the same filter and add the bytes for that second,
> I get half of the value (1874)

Could you send a small sample capture file that exhibits this problem?

Steve