Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark Error

From: "Timothy Barnett" <spookwolf@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:03:10 +1000
You are running wireshark with root privileges, aren't you? I get that message if I attempt to run wireshark as a user.

Regards,

On 1/30/07, Kray Mitchell <kraym@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am fully new to all this, but I instlaled Wireshark today (full
install) and I already have X11 installed. I am trying to run ANYTHING
in wireshark and I get this error

(wireshark:550): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Though the number changes depending on what I try and run. I can get
wireshark -h to work, but that is it, and it is not very helpful to me.
I am just trying to find something so I can find out what is happening
on the network, so I can start learning to find out where bottlenecks
are happening so I can figure out a solution.

Thanks

kray