Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Opening Acterna WAN capture files in wireshark

Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:45:42 -0500

Although I can't help in reading Acterna formatted files,
I am curious as to how to format packets/files to allow
the capture and display of WAN protocols.

In Dec my associate posted a message to the list asking
about capturing/formatting WAN protocols, but didn't get
a response he could work with.

Can you send me a copy of your converted file, so that I
can try to reverse engineer the techniques used for frame
relay.

If anyone has examples of other WAN protocols (like X.25)
I'd also appreciate an example of those.  They would help
me to try to figure out how format both of those protocols
in my hardware and also how to approach some other
'airline industry' protocols too, that I have to capture,
display and decode.

TIA
Fulko

This document is strictly confidential and intended only for use by the addressee unless otherwise stated.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete it from your system.