Wireshark-users: Re: [Wireshark-users] Wireshark Error

From: Mike Savory <msavory-shark@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:19:54 -0800
Hi Kray

See the section about    export DISPLAY=:0.0  on this page...

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/InstallingMacPorts

Mike

On Jan 29, 2007, at 12:00 PM, Kray Mitchell wrote:

I am fully new to all this, but I instlaled Wireshark today (full
install) and I already have X11 installed. I am trying to run ANYTHING
in wireshark and I get this error

(wireshark:550): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:

Though the number changes depending on what I try and run. I can get
wireshark -h to work, but that is it, and it is not very helpful to me.
I am just trying to find something so I can find out what is happening
on the network, so I can start learning to find out where bottlenecks
are happening so I can figure out a solution.

Thanks

kray