Wireshark-users: [Wireshark-users] Can Someone Try the RTP Player Function - Thanks!

From: "bender" <swtester@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 18:52:45 -0500
Hi, I am using Ver 0.99.4 (SVN Rev 19757) on XP SP2 with WinPcap Ver 3.1.

I am able to capture a VoIP (SIP) call using menu item: "Analyze> Decode As"
method and save it as an .au file and everything works fine.

I noticed that if I go to: "Statistics> VoIP Calls" I get a list of all SIP
calls that I have made.

I then select one of the calls and click: Player, and the RTP Player opens.
Next I click: "Decode" and the audio streams are displayed. Here's where I
have problems - if I click the checkbox beside several streams and then
click "Decode", they seem to decode okay, but only one will "Play" at a
time, regardless of how many checkboxes I have checked. (So I cannot
playback both sides of a conversation at the same time). Also, if I
subsequently check a different stream, I have to "Decode" everything again
before I can play that stream.

Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong? This feature is definitely
very convenient for doing quick analysis as compared to saving the streams
to a .wav or .au file using the Analyze> Decode method.

Thanks!